Okay, so as mentioned a while ago, I was honoured to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Hannah V at Pull Yourself Together, which is a gorgeous inspiring blog. For those of you who don’t know, the Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognise, discover and support new bloggers.
Rules for the Liebster Award are:
1) Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3) Nominate 11 other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers) and link them.
4) Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5) Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Hannah set up some questions for me to answer, so here goes:
1) Why did you set up your blog?
I set up my blog for numerous reasons. Sometimes I feel like I just have a different view point from other people. People around me tend to see every decision as an ultimate definitive throughout their life. It’s like BAM I’ve made my decision at now that’s it! Forever!…….No. Yes, your decisions will change you and path you follow, but it doesn’t mean you can’t then change your mind again. So I started my blog to show my readers that you can change your course and still succeed in life. Another reason would be that I love feminism. Looooooooove it. I don’t understand how anyone can believe there’s no need for the fight, or that some people wouldn’t want to join the fight. My third reason would be that I love to write, and I love to procrastinate…so I just put those two things together.
2) What is your favourite food?
Um I go through phases? If you’d have asked me three years ago it would’ve been pasta – I remember how much I used to argue with my Mum that I wanted pasta for dinner. And then I moved to Uni, ate waaaaaaay too much of it, and changed my mind. So probably Dauphinoise Potatoes (which you can read my recipe for here). A weird thing you should probably know about me is that I really hate chocolate – I hate the texture, the taste, the smell, the way it gets absolutely everywhere and then melts all over you…Gross. So I would happily have a bowl of fruit or salad, over the sweets.
3) What three items would you take with you to a desert island?
My camera (a beautiful Sony Alpha 58), my unicorn (replica of the one in Despicable Me – IT’S SO FLUFFYYYYYYYY) and probably my Mac book so I can tell you all about it!
4) Who was the last person you received a text from, and what did it say?
One of my close friends Jess (actually my boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend – how cute is that), but I feel like if I told you what we were talking about she may kill me hahaaaaa.
5) If you could change anything in the world, what would it be?
This ones super easy – equal rights. I don’t care whether you’re female, male, somewhere in between, gay, straight, bisexual, black, white, etc etc etcccc – everyone should be equal.
6) What is the best thing someone in your family has ever taught you?
My Dad taught me patience. Although he has zero when it comes to anyone being late (light hearted joke don’t worry Dad), he has spent a lot of his life being patient – waiting for a lot of things (getting to see me as a child being one of them). God knows how he’s done it, but I love that that part of him has rubbed off on me.
7) What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
I’m actually not that great at spontaneity, although I do try and live life to the fullest. Weirdly I actually can’t think of anything? So let me make this a life aim for 2015.
8) Do you know all the words to any songs/movies/TV shows?
Too many, waaaaaay too many. Any Beyonce song (apart from 7/11 which I’m still learning), any Taylor Swift song, Ed Sheeran, John Mayer, Arctic Monkeys…the list is endless. And as for movies – your best bet is cute Rom Coms, like Dirty Dancing or The Notebook. I cry every time, yet I still end up watching them again! Friends would be the worst one for knowing the words. It’s what we watch when we’re falling asleep, so we’ve watched it like 100 times over.
9) What are you most afraid of?
Clowns. Clowns any day. Who is behind that paint? That creepy wig? That stupid red cheeks? Grossssss. I can’t look at them, I can’t be around them, I just can’t deal with them at all. Another thing would be Alzheimer’s – that’s actually why I take way too many photos.
10) What would your friends say is the most annoying thing about you?
I talk waaaaaaaaaay too much. When I’m passionate about something I just talk and talk and talk and talk and talk, I’m pretty sure that’s what they’d say.
11) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully with a successful career – hopefully in Photography or Events Planning or Journalism. I just want to get paid for doing something I love. But I don’t want to be working every day of my life, you really have to have a good balance between work and your social life. It’s good to have money in savings, but money is there to be spent.
Here are my nominations:
And following on with tradition…here are your questions!
1. What’s the best thing that’s ever happened to you?
2. The best midnight snack is….?
3. What are you hobbies?
4. What’s your poison? (Alcohol wise)
5. Do you have something from your childhood that you still love?
6. What’s your guilty pleasures?
7. What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken and did it pay off?
8. How do you feel about feminism?
9. What’s your favourite pizza toppings?
10. Do you a weird pet hate that irritates you sooooo much?
And finally number 11. What are your aspirations in life?
I’m really looking forward to seeing all your responses! Sending love to you all.